Associate Account Manager I
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Manage business processes that support achieving and maintaining
optimal business position in order to sustain and grow membership.
Provide support to group Account Management client servicing
functions and preparation of information to existing accounts to
ensure deadlines are met and a timely response given to inquiries.
Create sales opportunities through targeted external customer
facing enrollment activities, effective relationships with
brokers/consultants and front line benefit contacts, to increase
membership, build support for KP, and enhance group customer
loyalty and retention. Monitor and maintain data integrity within
sales systems, accounts and book of business in order to improve
external communication, sales performance, and book of business
- Track, monitor and ensure that contracts, pricing and
membership accounting have accurate information and implement the
negotiated terms of the final renewal.
- Manage the process of resolving complicated and sensitive
employer-initiated concerns in order to build purchaser loyalty and
- Understand parameters established by account manager for
developing the RFP.
- Coordinate the flow of information in order to keep the process
moving to meet strategic objectives.
- Through ongoing account contacts, identify situations that may
signal opportunities for growth for KP (e.g. business acquisition)
and alert account manager.
- Identify and act on enrollment opportunities including:
presentations; benefit fairs; health fairs; and Q & A sessions and
inform open enrollment specialist/strategist about potential
- Identify and report trends and or systematic issues within a
book-of-business as they become apparent and provide solutions and
possible opportunities for growth.
- Use competitive SWOT HCR data to inform of risk and
- Identify knowledge network key resources and link capability to
account strategy and service issues.
- Participate in Account Strategy sessions and work on targeted
accounts in conjunction with the Account Manager.
- Act as the primary point of contact for group customer contacts
as related to contracts, benefits, rates or renewal
- Understand the customers business and business
- Build and establish credibility by demonstrating knowledge of
each customers unique benefit package.
- Educate customers about added services.
- May engage in face-to-face customer meetings to help facilitate
positive relationships and gain feedback necessary to collaborate
and properly assess needs, as applicable.
- Employ appropriate sales systems to accurately maintain account
- Ensure accurate enrollment process, payment arrangements and
contract is understood, agreed to and met.
- Collect specific business information and competitive data
required for other account strategies by established
- Ensure accurate and complete data is entered into correct
- Review data and alert account manager to outliers or potential
- Ensure timely submission of reports as directed by the account
- If Small Business Unit:
- Accountable for business processes and administrative
requirements to support assigned accounts.
- Establish and maintain relationships with front line business
owners in support of assigned Account Manager.
- Assist with in-field demonstrations and teachings to employers
and brokers on KP online technology to facilitate maximization of
all KP online tools.
- Explain and negotiate complex underwriting methodology with
client and advisors.
- Experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office
programs and use of client databases.
- Associates degree OR two (2) years of experience in
telemarketing, customer service in an office setting, claims, or
- Demonstrated record of meeting individual business
- Customer service skills with the ability to articulate and
respond to complex issues.
- Computer and analytic skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion skills.
- One (1) year of experience in marketing, business development,
and/or managing business to business relationships, sales, account
management or health plan administration in the healthcare or
health insurance industry.
- Background experience in brokerage/consultant, insurance
carrier, TPA, or benefits administration provides an
- One (1) year of experience with employee group
- One (1) year of experience in underwriting processes,
healthcare products, and contracts.
PrimaryLocation : Maryland,Rockville,Rockville Regional Offices
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 08:30 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-MAS-02-NUE-Non Union
Job Level : Entry Level
Job Category : Sales and Marketing,Sales & Marketing
Department : Regional Office - Grp Reltn-Account Mgmt - 1808
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Rockville , Associate Account Manager I, Executive , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!