Content Licensing and Sales Manager
Company: American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental
Posted on: November 16, 2021
The American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental
Therapeutics (ASPET) is a 4,000-member scientific society whose
members conduct basic and clinical pharmacological research and
work for academia, government, large pharmaceutical companies,
small biotech companies, and non-profit organizations. Our members'
research efforts help develop new medicines and therapeutic agents
to fight existing and emerging diseases.
ASPET is seeking a Content Licensing and Sales Manager to manage
institutional and consortia sales, site licenses, single-article
sales, promotion, and marketing for ASPET's wholly owned journals.
Oversees the subscription fulfillment operation. Manages and
evaluates relationships with outside sales organizations.- Develops
customer service strategies.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages partnerships with sales channel partners worldwide for
growth and retention of institutional, corporate, and consortia
accounts. Analyzes performance and recommends changes in
partnerships when appropriate.
- Provides sales partners with subscription data as
- Modifies and reviews licensing agreements with academic
institutions, corporate subscribers, and consortia; and with vendor
partners to make ASPET's content available through discovery
services while safeguarding the copyright of the journals and
increasing revenue streams.
- Provides revenue details to finance department to ensure proper
recognition of revenue.
- Monitors the business interactions with content delivery
services such as the Copyright Clearance Center and Reprints
- Identifies additional vendors to achieve content delivery and
- Attends relevant meetings and conferences (where cost
effective) and utilizes other resources to stay informed of market
trends in content licensing, delivery, technology, and policy to
provide recommendations and action plans on potential product
partnerships and policy issues for ASPET.
- Analyzes usage and subscription data to identify strategic
account planning and recommend future year and new product
pricing.- Proactively recommends future promotional activities to
support maintenance and growth through sales initiatives.
- Coordinates the sales life cycle from inquiry, quote, invoice,
license review, account activation, and data analysis through
- Handles inquiries from institutional subscribers regarding
questions of payment, access, and other problems.
- Handles subscription agent inquiries regarding business
- Handles access issues for members.
- Manages online fulfillment, consortia pricing, multi-site
pricing, pay-per-view, and other online revenue
- Develops and maintains customer service strategies for online
- Assists Journals department with other duties as assigned, such
as web site and social media updates, and other editorial
- Develops and maintains effective networking with peers in other
biomedical and life science publications; stays abreast of
innovations as they occur in professional scientific/association
Position may be reassigned, and responsibilities may be modified or
changed at any time to fulfill organizational
requirements.PandoLogic. Keywords: Sales Manager, Location:
Rockville, MD - 20852
Keywords: American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental, Rockville , Content Licensing and Sales Manager, Executive , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!