Senior Manager - BioSafety
Company: Merck Gruppe
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Experience the joy of curiosity, search for a job Click here for
additional search options Advancing safety of the world's medicines
is our mission and as the field of biological medicine continues to
evolve, we too must adapt our Testing Services to enable our
customers to get life changing medicines to patients quickly &
safely.-- The Development Services function is responsible for
ensuring the scientific integrity & regulatory compliance of the
Services we provide; adapting our Service capabilities to meet
industry needs; and evaluating technological advancements to seed a
pipeline of future Services Your Role: As the Senior Manager,
Biosafety within our Development Services department you will
provide direct line management to a highly skilled scientific team
providing expertise across multiple scientific disciplines to drive
new service introduction.--You will create and maintain focus,
enthusiasm and momentum amongst the team, while ensuring all work
is executed in adherence to accepted industry, quality & regulatory
standards and practices. You will be responsible for:
- Successful day to day operation of designated laboratories and
the implementation of strategic objectives and goals to drive
- Supporting technical planning of the business as part of the
R&D management team, working with clients and internal
cross-functional teams to lead the commercialization of new
- Leading, coaching, developing and empowering direct
- Provide excellent technical and regulatory knowledge and advice
relating to biological safety or product characterization.
- Represent the department during internal and external audits,
client meetings, business meetings & industry forums.
- Act as the direct point of contact for client focused
discussions relating to custom test strategies and enabling
business growth through delivery of custom services.
- Resourcing and capacity planning and providing financial
stewardship for capital expenditure budget.
- Supporting short & mid-term R&D strategy planning.
- Establishing a client-oriented culture within the team. Who You
Are: Minimum Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Biological Sciences, Chemistry or related
- 10+ years' experience working in industry roles or combined
with innovative post-graduate research.
- Must have experience working in a regulated environment.
- Knowledge of method development and validation requirements to
support drug product safety & characterization.
- Knowledge of biological drug product manufacturing and QC
- Ability to travel locally and globally (travel expected to be
less than 10%). Preferred Qualifications:
- Ph.D in Biological Sciences, Chemistry or related subject.
- Proven track record of delivering projects to deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Job
Requisition ID: 212274 Career Level: E - Professional (10+ years)
Working time model: full-time Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking
for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the
world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to
assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that
everyone's health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face
interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative
digital interview options. US Disclosure
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity--employer. No
employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against
on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or
veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender
status, marital status, or any other classification protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal
Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs
relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation,
benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and
conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes
they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone
acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their
Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately.
The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they
made a good faith report of discrimination. North America
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces,
including during the job application process. Applicants who may
require accommodation during the application process should speak
with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678
from--8:00am--to--5:30pm--ET Monday through Friday.
Keywords: Merck Gruppe, Rockville , Senior Manager - BioSafety, Executive , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!