Director, Operations - BioServices
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: September 13, 2020
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an
- Manage Operations Managers, Pharmacy Manager, Laboratory
Manager and Facility Manager
- Responsible for meeting operational fiscal requirements for
current and new business activities.
- Develop and revise Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in
conjunction with the QA department in support of a regulated
environment including Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Provide oversight for the management of Operations, Pharmacy,
Laboratory and Facility leaders.
- Provide guidance in dealing with personnel, budget, facilities,
and operational issues.
- Develop and implement an annual operational business plan
including objectives, issues, opportunities, targets, positioning,
tactics, budgets, and performance measures for operations.
- Work with the General Manager, in developing operational and
business development goals, priorities, budgets and activities for
- Serve on the Senior Leadership Team and provide leadership in
implementing the recommendations and driving the PPI Business
- Meet with current and potential clients to determine needs.
- Bachelors degree in a related field; Advanced degree
- 8+ years experience as an operations leader
- 5+ years of management experience with proven leadership
- broad knowledge of similar operations in a regulated
- Requires experience in Biorepository, Clinical Trial Logistics,
or Cell & Gene Therapy logistics
- Prefer familiarity with government and state regulations on
storing, handling and distribution of biological reagents and
- Ability to lead people toward meeting the company's vision,
mission, and goals.
- Ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the
development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and
supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
- Ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by
applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating
- Requires the utilization of the PPI Business System in driving
operational excellence throughout the business
- Ability to manage human, financial, and information resources
- Ability to build coalitions internally and with other
departments, divisions, and business units, to achieve common
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Rockville , Director, Operations - BioServices, Executive , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!