Senior Director, Brand Operations and Performance Support, Upscale Brands
Company: Choice Hotels
Posted on: May 16, 2020
At Choice we are looking for employees to connect the world
through the power of hospitality - and we offer support, training
and a collaborative workplace atmosphere that makes us a great
place to bring together people, brands, and technology that enable
That's why here at Choice we're always looking for exceptional
people - people who will challenge us, make our team stronger,
smarter and more complete. People who know how to roll up their
sleeves and tackle the job at hand; who go the extra mile to get
the job done - and done well.
Who are we looking for? Maybe it's you.
The Sr. Director of Brand Operations and Performance Support (BOPS)
is responsible for leading a team of Brand Performance Support
Directors (BPS) with direct hotel oversight in two categories: CHH
Owned hotels and Franchised hotels. The SR BOPS will be responsible
for financial performance improvement through action planning
within their assigned portfolios to maximize hotel results and
achieve premium quality and service levels. Success metrics will be
measured by performance gains (primarily RPI Index and GOP gap
closure), enhanced guest satisfaction and increased Brand
compliance across the Brand.
This position leads the BPS organization to drive performance
through strategic business planning, revenue generation support,
operations initiatives and brand compliance at individual hotels
(pre-opening and operating) and across the Brand. The Sr. Director
of BOPS ensures BPS Directors drive profitability and deliver
results through frequent, aggressive engagement on-property and
through effective relationships with above property Management
Company representatives and Owner Operators.
The Sr. Director of BOPS will directly and proactively engage
owners, management companies, designated franchisee
representatives, on-site management, and internal Choice
stakeholders to ensure adequate resources and support to drive
performance improvement. Possess significant above-property hotel
operations and/or sales/marketing experience. Seek and share best
What you will do---
CDV-Core Divisional Duties
- Lead, coach, develops BPS organization to develop and implement
individual hotel SMART plans that reflect performance gains,
enhanced guest satisfaction and increased compliance across the
- Provide monthly updates to the Brand Leadership team on
portfolio performance (current and forward-looking trends)
including a high-level summary of strategy and tactics to drive
- Track market and industry trends to forecast potential impact
on the Cambria portfolio performance and inform Senior
- Establish a Portfolio Review Process for Management Companies
and Owner Operators to ensure performance alignment and track
- Establish and drive the Capex process at Owned Assets to ensure
competitive positioning and ROI.
- Work individually with each BPS leader to drive overall
portfolio improvement through, maximizing overall revenue,
identifying new sources of incremental revenue, actioning M3
analysis to find expense reductions and cost containment.
- Conduct property visits with BPS Directors throughout the year
to assess effectiveness of engagement and ability to drive results
as measured by individual financial performance, guest experience,
associate engagement, service execution and Cambria
- Leverage M3 and other CHH performance reporting systems
including financial reports, guest satisfaction and STR performance
to optimize action planning and continuous improvement.
- Cultivate franchisee relationships focusing on owner
engagement, retention strategies and management company
- Review and recommend Compliance strategy and escalation.
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise with all proprietary
systems and industry related support technologies.
- Remain currently informed of all Brand programs, franchise
requirements, operating practices, market trends, and industry
conditions to provide necessary information and support to
CDIS-Core Interdepartmental Duties
- Collaborate with peer leadership (ChoiceRM, Cambria Field
Sales, Sales Operations) to leverage BPS organization to drive
top-line revenues at portfolio hotels and drive compliance with
programs and resources.
- Collaborate with D+C and Opening Services throughout the
pre-opening process to ensure successful openings.
- Leverage resources within the broader Choice organization to
identify new opportunities that drive incremental revenue, enhance
Guest Satisfaction, increase operating efficiency and expense
containment at the hotel level.
NCDIS-Supporting Interdepartmental Duties
- Understand and successfully integrate Choice's cultural values
and performance principles into all facets of franchisee, peer, and
internal stakeholder interaction.
Skills you have---
- Minimum 5-7 years corporate level, multi-unit hotel operations
oversight and/or sales support highly preferred
- Experience leading a team of 6-10 direct reports
- Full-service hotel experience required
- Ability to convey and apply revenue management principles and
- Minimum - Bachelor's degree
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills,
franchise industry savvy, and proven track record in driving hotel
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Office
- Must have superior time-management and follow-through
- Must be self-motivated, organized, and able to balance multiple
- Must thrive on exceeding goals and meeting deadlines
Ability to model Choice's Cultural Values: Welcome and Respect
Everyone, Be Bold, Be Quick, Listen, Be Curious and Show
Keywords: Choice Hotels, Rockville , Senior Director, Brand Operations and Performance Support, Upscale Brands, Executive , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!