Corporate Accounting Manager
Posted on: March 27, 2020
Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research
services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses,
foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research,
technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located
at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is seeking a Corporate Accounting Manager reporting to the
Corporate Controller. This individual will support the day to day
operations of the Westat Accounting Department, to include the
timely and accurate production of financial reporting, maintenance
of an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set
of internal controls. Job Responsibilities:
- Support the management of the operations of the accounting
department, including optimizing controls and processes to achieve
- Support all general accounting functions, including the general
ledger and financial close processes, cost accounting and
accounting operations consisting of payroll, accounts payable and
- Support accurate and efficient transaction processing in
compliance with the Westat's policies. Make recommendations with
respect to automation or other opportunities to improve the
effectiveness of the department.
- Support the coordination and preparation of financial
statements and management reports.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of documented
policies and procedures, and internal control systems.
- Manage, mentor and lead a team of varied experience and
technical backgrounds. Responsibilities include hiring, training,
directing work and appraising performance.
- Ensure accounting compliance under GAAP, CAS and FAR.
- Coordinate activities of external auditors and preparation of
- Perform other duties as assigned. Basic Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's in Accounting and/or Finance is required.
- 10 years of progressive and relevant accounting and supervisory
experience is required.
- Government contracting accounting experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, CAS and FAR.
- Deltek Costpoint proficiency is required. Candidates must have
excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with advanced working
knowledge of Excel is essential. CPA certification is strongly
desired. Westat offers competitive benefits with ESOP, 401k,
Health, Dental, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave, professional
development as well as other benefits. Any offer of employment may
be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer
background screening, if required for the position, based on the
specific position which may include, for example, identity
verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual
orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender
identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.
Keywords: WESTAT, Rockville , Corporate Accounting Manager, Executive , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!