Service Desk Engineer 1
Posted on: March 20, 2023
About the role: Service Desk Engineers work as part of our
Technical Engineering Center (TEC) in providing remote technical
support to Dataprise customers in a 24X7X365 environment. In this
position, you'll work on a wide variety of technical issues and be
a part of a dynamic, collaborative team. Customer service and a
strong desire to learn and grow are paramount!Why Dataprise?:
- An employee focused organization with a casual work environment
including fun virtual and in-person events.
- Exponential growth opportunity through continuous learning, job
shadow programs, career mentors, annual training allotments, and
LinkedIn Learning licenses for all employees.
- Comprehensive Wellness Program including gym membership
discounts/subsidies, and Wellness Rewards opportunities.
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) through
a multi-faceted DEI Program.
- A focus on work/life balance including telecommute options, 10
paid holidays, and 3-5 weeks of PTO.
- Competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including:
Top-quality medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your
family + FREE telemedicine benefits, company-paid Employee
Assistance Program (EAP), and 401(k) with company match.
- An opportunity to grow, be challenged, have fun, and learn from
some of the most talented technology professionals out there. -What
- Provide first contact support of incoming requests to the
Service Desk via telephone, web portal, email, chat to ensure
courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user
- Follow-up on open tickets, keeping the clients informed of any
updates to their tickets along the way.
- Record, track, and document the service desk incident within
the Service Desk application.
- Collaborate with other members of the team to identify
solutions to customer support requests and escalate to more senior
team members or external resources as needed.
- Provide first-tier support to end users for Windows
Workstations, MAC OS, printers, mobile devices, Microsoft 365,
Active Directory, or basic application and hardware
- Add users, remove users, reset passwords, and change folder
- Basic understanding of how IP addresses, subnet masks,
gateways, and DNS addresses work.
- Utilize remote access solution and support on a variety of
topics including VPN clients, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Troubleshoot issues utilizing the latest versions of the
following technologies: Active Directory, VPN Clients, Microsoft
365, Windows OS, Mac OS, laptop and desktop hardware, Anti-Virus
and Malware software, Spam Filtering, and Microsoft Office
Applications.What skills and experience you'll need:
- A few years of related experience, ideally working with
external clients in the Managed Services or IT Services
- Stellar written/verbal communication and customer service
skills to successfully maintain a high level of collaboration and
interaction with clients and colleagues.
- The ability to diffuse potentially difficult situations with
angry or unpleasant clients on a regular basis.
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills to be able to
independently make decisions that affect customers without always
being able to consult with a supervisor.
- The ability to deliver excellence independently and excel in a
fast-paced, occasionally high stress Service level Agreement (SLA)
- The ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from
one task to another of a different nature.
- The ability to maintain concentration and focus in a
collaborative, open work environment; working within close
proximity to peers with varying noise levels and
- A strong attention to detail so work is accurate and
- The availability to work flexible hours, which may include
night shifts and/or weekends.
- An Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Computer
Science/Engineering or related field preferred
- Preferred Technical Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+,
Security+, Microsoft 365, Apple Certified Associate and Apple
Certified Support Professional.Compensation:
- Dataprise is committed to maintaining a positive work
environment by ensuring that compensation across the Company is
managed in a competitive, consistent, and fair manner. Each
Dataprise employee will be compensated in line with their specific
scope of responsibility, skill level, and educational background,
in addition to the projected impact on the success of the
- We have a comprehensive Compensation Management System which
establishes the guidelines we use in making compensation decisions
and is comprised of compensation policies, salary structures,
salary grades, incentive target guidelines, job descriptions, and
- This position's Salary Range is: $40,000-50,000 (NOTE: this is
the range at the national average level; specific salaries offered
will be adjusted higher/lower due to the local labor market of the
candidate).Dataprise Diversity Commitment: -At Dataprise, we
celebrate what makes us unique: our people. We believe in fostering
a diverse and inclusive work environment that seeks and embraces
thoughts and ideas from all different backgrounds. We welcome
everyone and are committed to providing equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, gender, gender identity/expression,
religion, ethnicity, disability, national origin or sexual
orientation. We are #DataprisePROUD!Dataprise is an Equal
Opportunity Employer.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Dataprise, Rockville , Service Desk Engineer 1, Engineering , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...