Sr. Network Engineer
Company: Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc.
Posted on: January 23, 2023
The Senior Network Engineer, under minimum supervision, will
implement, install, test and operate the company's data
communications network and network security devices, while
interfacing with multiple outsourced vendors and working on the
successful deployment of multiple projects.Essential Job
- Review and analyze process and system specifications to ensure
delivery requirements are met.
- Design network solutions that include redundant connectivity to
ISP's, complex routing/switching infrastructure, extranet
connectivity, firewall design, data center network architecture,
WAN integration and wireless network integration.
- Develop, deploy, and operate hardware and software, network
management systems and tools to monitor and support the corporate
- Recommend enhancements and updates/patches to operating
systems, firewall, network management systems, system software
products and hardware.
- Ensure the Company's Reliability, Availability and
Serviceability (RAS) metrics are sustained and improved.
- Maintain & document test plans, network/firewall practices, as
well as, create / revise and execute scripts.
- Oversees implementation of security guidelines in order to
prevent unauthorized access to servers and report any
- Perform field level hardware repairs and upgrades.
- Interface with other team members and other teams to ensure
technology solution and staff are in line with customer
expectations and overall technology vision and goals.
- Document and communicate status in a timely manner including
- Champion the collaborative resolution of defects. Work across
organization to deliver solutions that meet joint
- Lead/Co-lead internal process improvement initiatives. Provide
feedback on processes by offering suggestions.
- Mentor and supervise junior staff in project-level tasks.
- Assist with adherence to technology policies and comply with
all security controls.
- Ensure all work products meets/exceeds FINRA standards.
- Participate in periodic Disaster Recovery (DR), Business
Continuity Planning (BCP) and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) testing and
- Manage vendor relationships and related
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or
equivalent with five (5) years of related experience in engineering
or related technical discipline.
- In-depth understanding of common network security issues and
industry security best practices - CISSP certificate
- Hands-on experience with enterprise grade network design and
- Solid hands-on experience with various networks, monitoring
software, remote assistant tools, firewalls (OS level command line
and GUI interface), and operating system switches - Current
Networking certificate preferred.
- Familiar with various network management/troubleshooting
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems - Systems
Engineering certificate preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience in various scripting
- Strong written and verbal technical communication skills.
- Ability to perform well in a fast- paced, team
- Strong decision making, problem solving, and analytical
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with people
at all levels in the organization, both inside and outside of
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies.Work Conditions:
- Work is normally performed in an office environment. Occasional
travel may be required. Extended hours and weekend work may be
required.Additional Qualifications#LI-DNI To be considered for this
position, please submit an application. The information provided
above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of
work of the position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities and qualifications required.Please note:
If the "Apply Now" button on a job board posting does not take you
directly to the FINRA Careers site, enter www.finra.org/careers
into your browser to reach our site directly.FINRA strives to make
our career site accessible to all users. If you need a
disability-related accommodation for completing the application
process, please contact FINRA's accommodation help line at
240.386.4865. Please note that this number is exclusively for
inquiries regarding application accommodations.Employees may be
eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. FINRA
also provides a variety of benefits including comprehensive health
and welfare benefits, life and disability insurance, paid holidays,
vacation, personal, and sick leave. FINRA offers immediate
participation and vesting in a 401(k) plan with company match. You
will also be eligible for participation in an additional
FINRA-funded retirement contribution, our tuition reimbursement
program and many other benefits. If you would like to contribute to
our important mission and work collegially in a professional
organization that values intelligence, integrity and initiative,
consider a career with FINRA.Important InformationFINRA's Code of
Conduct imposes restrictions on employees' investments and requires
financial disclosures that are uniquely related to our role as a
securities regulator. FINRA employees are required to disclose to
FINRA all brokerage accounts that they maintain, and those in which
they control trading or have a financial interest (including any
trust account of which they are a trustee or beneficiary and all
accounts of a spouse, domestic partner or minor child who lives
with the employee) and to authorize their broker-dealers to provide
FINRA with duplicate statements for all of those accounts. All of
those accounts are subject to the Code's investment and securities
account restrictions, and new employees must comply with those
investment restrictions-including disposing of any security issued
by a company on FINRA's Prohibited Company List or obtaining a
written waiver from their Executive Vice President-by the date they
begin employment with FINRA. Employees may only maintain securities
accounts that must be disclosed to FINRA at one or more securities
firms that provide an electronic feed (e-feed) of data to FINRA,
and must move securities accounts from other securities firms to a
firm that provides an e-feed within three months of beginning
employment.You can read more about these restrictions .As standard
practice, employees must also execute FINRA's Employee
Confidentiality and Invention Assignment Agreement without
qualification or modification and comply with the company's policy
on nepotism.Search Firm RepresentativesPlease be advised that FINRA
is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from
search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past
practice, a valid written agreement and task order must be in place
before any resumes are submitted to FINRA. All resumes submitted by
search firms to any employee at FINRA without a valid written
agreement and task order in place will be deemed the sole property
of FINRA and no fee will be paid in the event that person is hired
by FINRA.FINRA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
EmployerAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color,
disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other
classification protected by federal state or local laws as
appropriate, or upon the protected status of the person's
relatives, friends or associates.FINRA abides by the requirements
of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination
against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and
requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and
subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified
individuals with disabilities.FINRA abides by the requirements of
41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination
against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative
action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ
and advance in employment qualified protected veterans. -2020
FINRA. All rights reserved. FINRA is a registered trademark of the
Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc.
Keywords: Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc., Rockville , Sr. Network Engineer, Engineering , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!