Senior Information Security Engineer
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Veteran Owned Firm Seeking Senior Information Security Engineer
for role in Rockville, MDMy name is Stephen Hrutka and I am the
owner of a Veteran Owned management consulting firm in Washington,
DC focused on Technical/ Cleared Recruiting for the DoD and
IC.HRUCKUS helps other Veteran Owned businesses recruit for
positions across the VA, SBA, HHS, DARPA, and other cutting-edge
R&D related defense agencies.One of our clients is looking for
a Senior Information Security Engineer for a role in Rockville, MD.
Thanks,Stephen M HrutkaPrincipal ConsultantHRUCKUS LLCPosition
Description: We are seeking a Senior Information Security Engineer
to join the Enterprise Security Engineering team within IT Security
at our client's company. Your primary responsibilities will include
providing tailored security consulting and engineering to our IT
partners, studios, and users. You will help architect-layered
security solutions for Global IT systems and ensure stability and
reliability of the security infrastructure. Our environment
comprises both on-premises and cloud solutions, and the ideal
candidate will apply their talents to both. Must be able to mentor
the team and possess the ability to communicate with a diverse
array of audiences.Responsibilities:
- Support development and execution of the company's overall
Information Security strategy.
- Architect, design, implement, and maintain information security
controls and countermeasures.
- Develop technical solutions and evaluate new security tools to
help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable
- Support and coordinate risk assessments and security
evaluations for vendors deploying solutions either on premises or
in the cloud.
- Review cloud architecture and advise development teams on
robust Security Design principles.
- Identify risks and challenges to cloud architecture designs
prior to system or feature deployment.
- Perform engineering, tuning, and provide guidance of network
security controls, including IDS/IPS, Web Filtering, Cloud
Technologies, Email/Spam, and Firewalls.
- Engineer, implement, and monitor security measures for mobile
and endpoint hardening, cloud infrastructure and applications.
- Create and maintain documentation for Information Security
processes and procedures.
- Provide guidance for security remediation to business and IT
- Provide guidance and engineering assistance to junior security
- 5+ years of experience in an information security role.
- Experience implementing and supporting security solutions.
- Experience in Cloud Security & Governance practices and
- Strong knowledge of network and infrastructure security
- Experience working with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Hands-on experience securing infrastructure hosted on cloud
service providers such as Azure, AWS, and GCP.
- Industry certifications preferred: Security+, GSEC, GCED, CEH,
- Cloud Certifications: AZ-500, MS-500, AZ-104
- Experience with Identity and Access Management controls.
- Confidence in asking difficult questions and challenging your
team and dependencies while being highly collaborative and open to
- Strong passion for information security.
- Experience with SIEM, Email security gateways, EDR
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
Keywords: HRUCKUS, Rockville , Senior Information Security Engineer, Engineering , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!