Posted on: January 15, 2022
7118 - Laurel - 8800 Freestate Dr, Laurel, Maryland, 20723
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Looking for the best kept secret in retail? You've found it! CarMax
is one of the Fortune's 100 Best Places to Work and has been for
more than a decade. At CarMax we're different - with us you can put
your career in gear!
What CarMax offers:
- Opportunity to use your skills, experience and talents to help
field CarMax's growth
- Extensive training program to set you up for long term
- Limited growth opportunities
- Commitment to our communities
- An environment that fosters work/life balance
- A competitive compensation plane and comprehensive benefits
Why Service Operations?
- Help CarMax produce quality cars for our customers
- There is a culture built on teamwork and inclusiveness
- No two days are the same, every day there is a new opportunity,
a new challenge and a new win
- Managers are empowered to problem solve, reduce waste, manage
production, and build associate engagement
- Fun work culture where you get to work with great people and
Technician Production Managers are a part of our Service Operations
team who recondition all of the cars that our customers purchase.
They are responsible for ensuring our Associates produce quality
vehicles for our customers by managing both the daily operations of
the department and our Technicians to maintain technician quality
standard as company targets.
- A new Technician Production Manager will be placed in a Manager
in Training (MIT) position and complete an extensive training where
they will learn the foundation of CarMax's Mechanical Department,
including the following principle duties and responsibilities:
- Control the flow of vehicles through the reconditioning
- Ensure that all technicians are following CarMax standards and
guidelines through the reconditioning process.
- Communicate expectations and provide feedback to
- Manage and develop associates at the individual level
- Maintain key performance measures
- Assist with the development and execution of production
- To ensure success, assessments are conducted throughout the
training program to measure each participant's progress.
- Successful completion of the training program is required to be
placed into a management position.
What we're looking for:
- A minimum of 1 year management experience in a complex, fast
- Strong focus on exceptional customer service
- Proven track record of associate development
- Hands-on manager with the ability lead through managers,
supervisors and a team of associates
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to work flexible hours in a combination of both indoor
and outdoor work environments, which requires walking or stand for
extended periods of time.
- Flexibility to relocate preferred
Don't let a lack of background in the automotive industry stop you
from discovering what else makes us a great place to work. While
CarMax sells used cars, many of our managers do not have previous
experience in the automotive industry.
Disclaimer and Approvals:
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level
of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This
information is current at the time of publication. Responsibilities
may include other duties as assigned and may be amended at the
discretion of CarMax with or without notice. This document has been
reviewed and approved by management and Human Resources and cannot
be modified without written consent by a member of management
authorized to modify any such responsibilities.
CarMax is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with federal
and state laws which forbid discrimination because of race, color,
age, religion, sex, national origin, disability and other protected
characteristics. Employment at CarMax is at-will, and therefore,
can be terminated, with or without cause, at any time, at the
option of the associate or CarMax
This at-will employment relationship will remain in effect
throughout an associate's employment with CarMax unless it is
modified by a specific, express written employment contract that is
signed by an officer of CarMax and the associate. This at-will
employment relationship may not be modified by any oral or implied
agreement. Specifically, this job description is not a contract of
employment and does not create any contractual rights of any kind
between the Company and its Associates.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable
accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Keywords: CarMax, Rockville , Mechanic, Engineering , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!