AWS Cloud Engineer
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Our client, one of the largest Amazon Web Services (AWS) partner
for data services, is looking for a AWS Cloud Engineer to join
their elite team of technologists to build and contribute to
large-scale, innovative projects. Our client wants candidates who
are eager to learn and grow with them as they work to move their
market monitoring applications to modern big data platforms in the
cloud where up to 135 billion market events are being processed
Looking for an agile, highly motivated, AWS cloud security engineer
and an excellent team player to help us migrate on-premise Identity
& Access Management tool (Sailpoint Identity IQ) to the AWS Cloud.
Candidate need to have proven track record in migrating
applications from on-premise to AWS cloud and experience in Java
programming is desired as this project involves migrating Java/J2EE
based web application.
Required Skills and Responsibilities:
- Excellent experience and hands-on experience with AWS services
such as EC2, RDS, Lambda, SG, API Gateway, network interfaces,
CloudTrail, CloudWatch etc.,
- Must have experience in migrating on-premise Linux and Java based
web application to AWS cloud.
- Fluent design thinking to achieve efficient and scalable
- Quickly learn existing application and its infrastructure and
provide solution to migrate to AWS cloud that include but not
limited to device infrastructure sizing, resource types and
- Develop design document and present to the internal team(s).
- Must have strong Jenkins pipeline experience to create CI/CD
pipelines to automate infrastructure management.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Participate in scrum and task planning/tracking.
- Experience in using UNIX and Windows operating system.
- Execute and document current on-premise infrastructure
performance baseline and run them against the to-be built AWS
infrastructure and tweak its performance as needed to achieve
- Must have experience in using AWS data migrations tools and
services and be able to migrate Oracle data to AWS RDS Aurora.
- Develop, test, and implement bug fixes.
- Tools experience Eclipse, Git / BitBucket, JIRA.
- Experience in programming languages such as Java (preferred),
Python and SQL knowledge.
- Good experience using XML document.
- Identify project risks early and mitigate them.
- Experience in using Ant build scripts.
- Migrate and secure on-premise Java web application workloads to
- Experience in migrating data from Oracle to AWS RDS Aurora.
- Understanding of information security and secure coding.
- Knowledge on Identity & Access Management.
- SailPoint IdentityIQ coding experience is a plus.
- Strong experience in JAVA coding, XML, SQL scripting and RDS
- Very good time management and task prioritization skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field
- 6+ years of hands on experience with AWS Cloud Services
- Excellent communication skills.
ConsultNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship,
disability, age, military or veteran status, and other
characteristics protected under federal, state and local law.
Keywords: ConsultNet, Rockville , AWS Cloud Engineer, Engineering , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!