Mechanical Engineer (HVAC)
Company: Friedman Engineering, LLC
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Friedman Engineering is looking to jump-start 2022 with
energetic and team-oriented Engineers to staff our growing firm!
Ideal candidates will be seeking to apply & enhance their skills in
both engineering and project management. We have two
experienced-based positions open, but we are not exclusively
committed to these roles. If you're a younger go-getter looking for
a shot at rapid but healthy growth, or if you're a seasoned
designer looking to lead and groom the next generation-or anything
in between-we'd love to hear from you.
Friedman Engineering is a dynamic MEP firm that has been steadily
growing its presence in the DC region and beyond. Our client base
continues to expand, based on referrals, new market opportunities,
and a loyal base of existing customers. The following principles
form the backbone of our engineering approach:
- Provide sound MEP consulting and strategic project
- Produce clear & timely communications.
- Be driven to ensure quality production - both now and
throughout the life of a project.
The work culture at Friedman Engineering is focused on meeting the
above principles, and at the same time providing flexibility for
each employee's unique skills & goals. Personal growth is highly
encouraged at our firm; we want our employees to feel challenged,
within a framework of support and guidance. Our goal is to onboard
the future leaders of the company now, letting them grow with the
Our workload is as diverse as our clients: from designing diesel
fueling systems in Saratoga, NY to crafting a historic condo
conversion in Baltimore, MD. We've designed many offices, but we've
also done light industrial work, such as wood dust systems and
agro-cooling. Our more 'standard' commercial work includes tenant
renovations, ground-up construction, doctor's offices, restaurants,
houses of worship, K-12 education, government buildouts,
residential, multi-family, and even expert witness.
POSITION #1: MID-LEVEL MECHANICAL-HVAC ENGINEER
Your Role: As a mid-level mechanical engineer, you'll develop the
heart of the mechanical design for a variety of projects. You'll be
involved with job initiation, load & friction calculations, system
selections, duct & piping layouts, and cross-trade coordination.
You'll be interacting with the Client, processing job updates,
supervising tasks to CAD staff, researching products, methods, and
Preferred Credentials: BSME and at least 3-5 years' experience in
HVAC/MEP design. FE or PE preferred, but not essential.
Ideal Candidate Traits: --
- Shows Initiative
- Communicates Well
- Good Time Management
- Responsible & Detailed
- Friendly ----
- Team player
Preferred Engineering Skills:
- Experienced with Heating & Cooling Load Calculations &
- Experienced with duct friction loss (fan calc)
- Experienced with piping friction loss (pump calc)
- Adept at duct layout, diffuser selection, and duct sizing.
- Experience with Site SurveyingFamiliarity with Plumbing Design
- (not required, but a plus!)
- Cold/Hot Water, Sanitary/Vent, Grease, Storm/Civil
- Plumbing Code & calculationsExperienced with a variety of HVAC
- DX Split systems
- Chilled/Hot Water
- Exhaust systemsExperienced with a variety of HVAC Applications:
- K-12 Education
- Residential / Multi-family
- Ability to research new equipment/methods and review local
- Experience with QC & cross-MEP coordination
- Ability to coordinate with architects, structural eng.,
- Experience with CA (RFIs, submittals, punch lists).
Preferred Project Management Skills:Previous involvement with basic
- Project Initiation / Kick-off / Set-up
- Job delivery / submission QC / client relations--Previous
exposure to basic Business Development
- proposals, SOWs/RFPs, pricing/estimating
Preferred Software Skills:
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Trace 700 or Carrier HAP
- General Computer & networking know-how
Keywords: Friedman Engineering, LLC, Rockville , Mechanical Engineer (HVAC), Engineering , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!