Senior Cloud /Network Engineer
Company: Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company
Posted on: November 19, 2021
We are searching for a Senior Cloud/Network Engineer to support
the Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications in
North Bethesda, MD. This is a full-time position with full
benefits. You will start out working remotely until we beat Covid.
We are looking for those IT professionals that enjoy having a
passion for what they do and want to work for an organization that
gives back to the community. That's what a position at the National
Institutes of Health (NIH) will give you is an opportunity to
contribute to the betterment of America's public health system. Be
on the cutting edge as discoveries are made to improve your
countries health! Duties & Responsibilities
- The Senior Cloud/Network Engineer will provide support with the
network, security, engineering systems, HPC and cloud
- Utilize your experience in multiple disciplines including high
performance computing (HPC), cloud, architecture, design, network,
security and systems to implement and provide advanced system
engineering services to the National institutes of Health
- Manage, administer and support daily operation of computing
systems both onsite and in the cloud. Preferably hold a Cloud
- Design, implement and maintain scalable High-Availability (HA)
and Fault-Tolerant (FT) computing systems.
- Following the best cloud computing practice by utilizing Amazon
Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Elastic Computing Cloud (EC2)
and other advanced technical cloud features.
- Investigate and provide technical options to managers and
researchers for selecting effective computing solutions based on
requirements. Requirements Qualifications:
- Minimum three years with Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud
- Minimum five years of hands-on systems
administration/engineering experience with Linux
- Extensive administration experience in GPU-based
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing computing performance and
- Comprehensive knowledge of security compliance and security
- Proficient skills in shell scripting, Ruby, Perl or Python.
Excellent organization and time management skills and ability to
identify priorities to accomplish a variety of tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to
work with people at every level. Desired qualifications:
- Comprehensive knowledge in Configuration Management (CM)
process and software development tools such as Git, GitLab, Nexus,
Jenkins, Maven or JIRA.
- Knowledge of statistics, numeric modeling, data analyzing and
- Administration experience in F5 load balancing.
- Knowledge of FISMA and Certification and Accreditation
- AWS certification at Professional level.
- Experience with cloud CLI and SDK. Education:
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or other equivalent
engineering disciplines from a reputable college.
- Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders,
including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency
regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS),
the position for which you are applying requires that you provide
proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the
COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held
religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination
requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of
requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the
conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse
employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety
mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace. #LI-LM1
Company Description We are a trusted government partner that blends
deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our
customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save
lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial
spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support
agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and
grants management. The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees
an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we
offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in
empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee
growth. What you'll get---
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow
you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to
keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options
like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs,
we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care
Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or
transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you
covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance
Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs,
company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and
have your voice heard. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a
commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal
characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, or veteran status.
Keywords: Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, Rockville , Senior Cloud /Network Engineer, Engineering , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!