DevOps and Cloud Operation Support Engineer
Company: Cobb Systems Group, LLC
Posted on: May 3, 2021
CSG is seeking a hands-on, proactive, business-oriented Cloud
Operation Support Engineer to join our prestigious client's dynamic
and growing team. This role is a great mix of technology and
teamwork with exposure to development and business teams designed
to provide technical support, analysis, and solutions for
production operations within the cloud. This is a direct-hire,
full-time permanent position.Responsibilities:
- Work as part of our global team managing our hybrid cloud
- Work with multiple AWS accounts and business unit development
- Monitoring & management of alerts, events via relevant
monitoring & ticketing tools.
- Coordinate with Security teams for tuning and maintaining
security best practices.
- Review/support tools for environment monitoring and analysis
including system health and performance.
- Provide technical support for applications and platform
- Identify key areas for automation and optimization to enhance
- Identify opportunities for optimizing performance and provide
suggestions for development.
- Coordinate maintenance activities and outages with
infrastructure, Application management and Service Center
- Identify root causes of technical issues in production.
- Keep track of change and problem tickets.
- Flexible to work shifts, including weekends
- Support and execute Disaster Recovery testingDesired Skills and
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator or Developer
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer preferred
- ITIL Foundations certification preferred
- At least 2 years of overall experience working in AWS IT
infrastructure & Operations environment.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in Infrastructure /
Applications monitoring and support.
- Experience with Administrating production LINUX environments
(At least 2 years)
- Some Windows Server experience is preferred
- Experience with networking (Transit/Internet/NAT Gateways, VPC
subnets & peering, routing tables, VPN, VGW)
- Experience supporting user access, security groups and IAM
- Experience with configuration management tools like SaltStack,
Chef, or Ansible
- Strong team player who can build and effectively collaborate
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail -
provided by Dice
Keywords: Cobb Systems Group, LLC, Rockville , DevOps and Cloud Operation Support Engineer, Engineering , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!