Certifed Billing Specialist
Company: Rockville Internal Medicine Group
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Billing Specialist - $19-$24 per hour
Imagine a job where you will have the opportunity to do exciting
and challenging work while making a difference in your community.
Rockville Internal Medicine Group is a fast-paced, large
multi-specialty practice who is proud to have cared for generations
of Montgomery County families for more than half a century. We are
committed to a diverse inclusive workforce that provides high
quality compassionate medical care within a collaborative work
We have an immediate full-time opening for an experienced Certified
Billing Specialist to join our team. Our ideal candidate has a
positive can-do attitude, treats others with respect and integrity,
professional demeanor and excellent customer service skills.
As a valued member of our team, we want to invest in you by
providing the training, mentoring, development and support you need
now and in the future. If you are ready for an exciting opportunity
and passionate about helping people we invite you to apply
This is a Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm position. No weekend
work shift. Closed on all major holidays. There are no evening or
overnight work shifts.
*All New Hires are required to be COVID 19 vaccinated
The EMR that the practice uses is Athena.
Free parking and easy metro access.
$19-$24 per hour
What you'll do on a typical day as a Billing Specialist:
- Performs account receivables follow-up and resolution functions
of insurance and patient receivables in a manner that meets or
exceeds key performance indicator (KPI) criteria.
- Resolves outstanding accounts within a maximum of two (2)
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of standard bills
forms, electronic claims submission with filling requirements and
claims processing and query systems.
- Functions as a subject matter expert in insurance collections
and escalates issues as appropriate to secure payment on
- Supports the patient registration process by verifying
insurance benefits and securing prior
- Identifies billing problems and payer trends from EOBs and
communicates effectively to leadership team to correct the
errors/trends in a timely manner.
- Prioritizes pending claims from insurance and patient aging
baskets and performs regular and consistent A/R follow-up.
- Updates the practice management system to detail actions taken
- Functions effectively within a team and contributes
constructively to produce results in a cooperative effort.
- Performs administrative tasks such as composing and responding
to e-mails, answering and making phone calls, etc.
- Provides superior customer service throughout all interactions
with patients, payers, staff, and all other parties.
- Performs other duties as assigned. What you'll need to be
successful as a Billing Specialist:
Well-qualified candidates will have three to five years of previous
medical billing experience.
Additional requirements and skills include:
- Knowledge in liaising with insurance companies to follow-up on
- Three plus (3+) years of experience in medical billing with a
billing company or healthcare facility preferred.
- High School graduate or equivalent, additional course work or
experience in the medical field.
- Ability to analyze payer claim responses (EOB and ERA) and take
- Experience drafting and submitting appeals to payers
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry-standard revenue cycle
- Positive, professional and energetic attitude which inspires
- Strong desire to provide exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Technology proficiency is critical, including previous EMR
experience and knowledge of Microsoft software products such as
Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Prior experience with Athena
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate a strong knowledge of customer service
principles and practices
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work under high pressure with strict deadlines and
in a fast-paced environment Benefits:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short term disability benefits
- Free onsite parking
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or national origin, or other classifications
protected by state, local or federal law.
Keywords: Rockville Internal Medicine Group, Rockville , Certifed Billing Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!