Corporate Finance Analyst (Remote Flexible)
Company: Abt Associates
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Abt Associates seeks an experienced and highly qualified Finance
Analyst to be part of the FP&A team. Successful candidate will
possess strong financial and analytical skills as well as
substantial background in government contracting. The individual
selected for this position must possess expert working knowledge of
all P&L and Balance Sheet aspects, a strong background in
financial modeling and ability to drive for superior results. This
position requires significant interaction with senior management,
excellent communication and leadership skills, and ability to guide
day to day finance and profit decisions. Role requires an
understanding of the big picture, a strong desire to analyze,
investigate, and resolve issues, ability to collaborate and lead
through others, a strong questioning attitude, and a focus on
continuous process improvement.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for area's monthly, quarterly, and year-end
financial close activities and perform financial analyses to drive
business and profit growth.
- Support analysis of monthly close, cyclical forecasts and
annual budget development and reviews and management of indirect
rates/expenses and capital budgeting process
- Support business case analysis process, inclusive of project
specific capital and operating expense ROI analysis.
- Ability to build and manage financial models for forecasting,
variance analysis, and problem solving then quickly analyze it,
know its merits, and prepare it for management discussion
- Strong focus on analytics, both top down and bottoms up, with
project lifecycle analyses of impacts to P&L.
- Partner and collaborate with Division level clients and Shared
Services Departments to deliver credible data to assist with
proactive decision making.
- Analyze indirect rate variances and government contracting
related allocation methodologies.
- Optimize efficiencies through enhanced intelligent processes
and streamlined business processes.
- Deliver consistent, accurate and proactive financial
- Perform financial analyses to interpret trends requiring
management attention, and for the presentation of financial
findings and specific recommendations to senior management.
- Government contracting experience with a proficient
understanding of CAS and FAR regulations
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods, and practices of
- Demonstrated financial management and P&L
- Advanced knowledge of complex contract types (CPFF, CPLOE,
T&M, FP and hybrids).
- Experienced in IT Finance
- Advanced forecasting skills with the ability to forecast
P&L across a sector.
- High energy, dynamic professional with the ability to
prioritize, delegate and follow through tasks
- Self-directed with proven ability to research complex issues,
work independently, and multi-task several projects
- Critical thinker with strong attention to detail and works well
- Demonstrates exemplary work ethic, attention to detail, and
high degree of accuracy
- Must be result-oriented with a high degree of initiative and
personal accountability for excellent work.
- Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills with the ability
to work across multiple layers of the company
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of tools
- Knowledge of Oracle and Cognos TM1 desired
Level 3: Bachelor's Degree + Five years of relevant experience, or
Master's Degree + Three years of relevant experience, or PhD
Level 4: Bachelor's Degree + Seven years of relevant experience, or
Master's Degree + Five years of relevant experience, or PhD
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of
approximately $69,000 to $127,000 and may vary by ten percent
depending on candidate geographic location. Salary offers are made
based on internal equity and market analysis
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer
committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides
market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in
exchange for an offer of employment.
Keywords: Abt Associates, Rockville , Corporate Finance Analyst (Remote Flexible), Accounting, Auditing , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!