Posted on: June 19, 2022
JSSA has an immediate opening for a seasoned Controller.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Controller is a
member of JSSA's Management team. S/he will be responsible for the
overall administration and management of the fiscal operations,
including supervising four staff out of an accounting team
comprised of 12 professionals. The Controller will have the
opportunity to learn the many different lines of business at JSSA
and Premier Homecare and be part of a growing organization. JSSA
provides services that include, but are not limited to, Hospice,
Mental Health, Aging In Place, Homecare, Employment Services.
We are seeking an exceptionally skilled and detail-oriented
Controller who has excellent interpersonal communication skills and
organizational skills, with a problem-solving attitude who works
well both independently and as a collaborative team player.
Qualified candidates will have supervisory experience with the
ability to think strategically as well as the flexibility to adapt
to changing work requirements.
- Ensure prompt and accurate monthly, quarterly and year end
close processes resulting in the preparation of consolidated
financial statements to include JSSA's subsidiary, Premier
- Participate in development and forecast of agency and contract
budgets under the direction and supervision of the CFO.
- Manage and supervise day-to-day accounting operations to ensure
accurate and timely recording of cash disbursements, cash receipts,
and general ledger journal entries in accordance with GAAP.
- Ensure monthly/quarterly contract and grant invoices are
submitted accurately and timely to the respective funder.
- Oversee payroll process to ensure accuracy and timeliness of
the semi-monthly payroll.
- Monitor day to day cash flow needs for the operating and
- Prepare for financial audit and coordinate the audit
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field, CPA license
- Minimum of five years of progressive accounting experience as a
Controller or equivalent. Experience in public accounting and/or
healthcare setting helpful.
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting principles and standards,
auditing practices and tax regulations.
- Experience in complex non-profit with multiple programs and
- Supervisory skills with a focus on developing subordinates'
talents and encouraging growth; collaborative and flexible.
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to
individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office; specifically, Excel,
Word, and Outlook. Knowledge of Intacct and Ceridian
- Available for evening Board Committee meetings as
needed.Comprehensive Benefits include:
- Generous paid holidays and time away from work
- Professional development
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 403(b) plan with agency match
- Hybrid work scheduleJSSA has a mandatory COVID vaccination
The Jewish Social Service Agency (JSSA) has been helping people
across the Washington metropolitan area meet emotional, social, and
physical challenges for more than 120 years. A nonsectarian
provider, we serve people of all religious backgrounds, races and
ethnicities, helping the youngest child to the most fragile senior,
from individuals to entire families. JSSA provides services and
support to nearly 31,000 individuals a year through our wide range
of counseling, educational, specialized employment, in-home
support, hospice and nursing care, and social services. We are a
growing Agency and strive to be an Employer of Choice. As such we
offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a healthy
work-life balance, collaborative team environment and many
opportunities for personal growth and professional development. We
pride ourselves on our mission to be the first place for the Jewish
community, as well as the community at large, to turn for clinical
and social services of the highest quality that sustain and nurture
all who seek assistance. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: JSSA, Rockville , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!