Property Accountant 14882332
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Our client, a full service, progressive-- Property
Management/Real Estate-- company in-- Washington,-- DC-- has an
exciting opportunity for a-- Property Accountant-- to join their
property management team. The Property Accountant is responsible--
for all financial and analytical procedures for a group of assigned
properties working closely with the community managers on
performance, variances, and reconciliations. Great opportunity to
join a dynamic and growth-oriented team.-- Salary $70k-$90k--
depending on experience.-- Property Management/Real Estate
- Perform analytical procedures applied to financial data for
each general ledger account of all assigned properties on a monthly
schedule and coordinates with community managers on performance,
variances (positive and negative trends) and reconciliation
- Analyze and maintain escrow accounts (tax and insurance), loan
amortization, and replacement reserve activity of each assigned
property as needed.
- Assist Community Managers with budget preparation, financial
statement review, and other support as assigned.
- Perform quarterly and semi-annual internal audit functions as
- Prepare annual audit packages for all assigned properties to
assist with audits, reviews, compilations, and tax return
- Track cash flow activity for each property in the assigned
- Reconcile gross rent potential, prepaid rent, rent receivable,
accounts payable, and accrued expenses with subsidiary ledgers on a
monthly schedule to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare fixed asset schedules and insert adjusting journal
entries prepared by the tax preparer or auditor.
- Perform annual completion of DC Property Income and Expense
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations on all property
- Prepare accurate and timely reports including monthly and
quarterly reports, as needed-- Property Management/Real Estate
Experience and Qualifications--
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance with 3+ years of real estate
- Previous experience in a real estate environment highly
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and the
application of general accounting theory
- Advanced Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Yardi software highly desirable--
email@example.comJob ID: #acc14882332PandoLogic.
Keywords: Property Accountant, Location: Rockville, MD - 20848
Keywords: Cordia, Rockville , Property Accountant 14882332, Accounting, Auditing , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!