Experienced Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Program Leader
Company: FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority) -
Posted on: November 22, 2021
This Associate Director position is responsible for managing the
day-to-day operations for the Diversity, Inclusion & Workforce
Compliance function. This would include developing, recommending,
and executing on strategic business plans for the function, and
managing or assisting with managing team resources (people and
financial). They are required to exercise a high degree of
independent judgment and decision making, which could have
significant organizational impact. Of utmost importance is their
ability to build and strengthen relationships at all levels of the
business, and work collaboratively in determining solutions to
complex business issues.
- Leads the design and execution of major programs within a
function, ensuring that program elements align to the strategic
priorities of the business and are aligned with the requisite
policies and procedures of the organization as well as any
applicable legislation and areas of compliance.
- Manages individuals and serves as the project team lead on
various high impact programs and initiatives. Teams are often
cross-functional, and the programs and initiatives serve and/or
impact a significant subset of, if not the entire employee
- Establishes performance standards and metrics by which
initiatives and programs should be measured to determine quality,
employee impact, ROI, and overall team performance as it relates to
- Serves as an active member for setting short and long term
strategic direction for area of responsibility working as a member
of, or in partnership with the senior HR leadership team.
- Leverages systems and technology (and makes recommendations
for) as a means to increase efficiency and productivity of the
function, as well as simplifying processes and programs for the
- Stays abreast of industry trends and activities through
external networks and education to assess the viability of
leveraging alternative ways of improving the function.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with all
levels of management so as to gain in-depth knowledge of the
business, which will provide insight into the design and
implementation of programs.
- Aligns HR and functional strategy to the goals and objectives
of the business, and assesses the alignment through working with
key stakeholders within the business.
- Collaborates with multiple functional areas within HR to align
priorities and resources to ensure that goals and objectives across
the team are met.
- Partners with teams outside of HR (i.e. Corporate
Communications, Office of General Counsel, Technology, etc.),
leveraging their expertise to ensure the effective design,
development, and execution of programs and initiatives.
- Manages or coordinates external vendors to ensure the optimal
use of company resources through the proposal and selection
process, in addition to the ongoing assessment that performance and
quality standards are being met.Specifically, this position has
primary responsibility for the development, support and continuous
improvement of the following:
- Employee Resource Groups
- Diversity and Inclusion Education and Policy
- Worklife Programs (workplace flexibility, employee volunteer
days, emergency backup care, etc.)
- Federal Contractor Compliance Programs (Affirmative Action
Planning, Compliance Reporting)Interested candidates should
Keywords: FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority) - , Rockville , Experienced Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Program Leader, Accounting, Auditing , Rockville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!